Would you like to get through the day without experiencing that dreaded 3:00 p.m. slump? Here are are 5 easy ways to incorporate tips to up your energy levels.
- Drink water! Studies show that even mild dehydration can cause your energy levels to drop, so drinking water throughout the day helps a lot.
- Sit-up straight. Slouching at your desk or in your car disrupts your circulation and puts your body in low energy mode.
- Warm up. Research shows that low body temperature saps your energy levels. Turn up the heat or put on a sweater to fight off that drowsy sensation.
- Take a mid-day power nap. Studies prove that just an 8-10 minute mid-day nap increases your energy by 30% for the rest of the day.
- Take a walk at lunch time. Walking for 15 minutes at lunch will increase your body's metabolism for the next 4 hours which increases your energy levels and helps burn fat.
Hope this helps - Dr Smith